Pre and Post Tan Care
Guide to receiving the best possible results from your Beautiful Eco Tan
Pre tan client preparation:
- Ensure you have shaved the day PRIOR to tanning.
- Prepare the skin by exfoliating your skin 1-2 days prior to tan application.
- The shower you have the morning of your spray tan should just be with warm water and you may give yourself a VERY light exfoliation (to get rid of any left over product that may be left on the surface of the skin)
- Ensure that you moisturize the evening before your tan and that you are using a lot more moisturizer than you would normally consume on a standard day particularly concentrating on those areas where your skin may be dryer, such as your shins, knees, elbows etc
- The most important thing to do prior to a spray tan is to make sure that there are NO body products on your skin on the day of your tan. This means no make-up, no moisturizer, no deodorant, no perfume… and avoid having a shower within three hours of your spray tan appointment where possible
- Wash time is dependent on skin type, desired results & solution used: New Rich Honey Solution: 2+ hours or TWO Solution: 2 hours, I will advise you on the day of your spray tan application.
- Once you wash off your tan the colour may not appear to be very dark. Please keep in mind that your tan will continue to develop for up to 48 hours into a rich deep tan.
- Bring loose dark coloured clothing to change into after your tan. All spray tan solutions are water soluble, should you happen to get tan on any fabrics, it will usually wash out
Post tan client care:
- Relax and enjoy, knowing that you are using a product that ONLY CONTAINS organic and natural ingredients.
- It is very important to leave all body products off you skin for 24 hours – until the tan has finally developed – Then go back to using body products
- MOISTURISE – Apply the Eco Tan Gradual Tan to maintain consistent colour in the skin. Winter Skin, nourishes and adds gorgeous colour. Moisturise twice daily to promote a longer lasting tan that slowly fades evenly.
- Avoid long hot baths, swimming, saunas and excessive sweating as this will affect the life of your tan.
- Wash with Eco Tan’s no stripping wash, or a soap free, SLS free, PH balanced wash
- Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated.
- Apply the Eco Tan Gradual Tan to maintain consistent colour in the skin. Winter Skin, nourishes and adds gorgeous colour.
- Eco Tan
- Wear dark, loose clothing after your tanning session. No tight clothing or closed-in shoes. Tight clothing (bras, tights, socks, straps, ect) may rub on your skin, preventing the tan from developing evenly.
- Use a tan extender to prolong the life of your tan – Ecotan Winter Skin is perfect…